Sunday, November 8, 2009

Lemonade and Jasmine


My daughter is hooked on the domestic art of making lemonade. She made a huge batch yesterday, and it tastes summery and delicious.

Here's how...

Squeeze 1 cup of lemon juice.
Dissolve 1 cup of caster sugar in 1 cup of water in a saucepan on the stovetop.
Stir the juice into the sugar/water solution.
Add 3-4 cups of cold water and let cool in the fridge.
Serve with iceblocks and drink while relaxing (preferably in a hammock strung between two shady trees)


Another of the sights (and smells) of Summer...

My Jasmine plant is flowering, filling my little courtyard garden with delightful scents.

Can't wait for Summer to arrive.
x

4 comments:

the old boathouse said...

Yummy, thanks for sharing this recipe. i always thought it would be harder but now I know it is so simple I will definetly give it a try. Do you think limes would be okay to substitute? cheers Katherine

Amanda said...

I have lots of lemons on my tree at the moment too - will have to give the lemonade a go.

Spicy Jam said...

Hi Katherine, I have never tried limes but would love to give it a try - perhaps half lemon half lime? Let me know if you do it.x Caroline

Swapna Raghu Sanand said...

I love the taste of lemon juice.

Post a Comment