Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Summertime (and the need for new cutlery)


Summer may actually be here. Last night we ate our first dinner outdoors, a regular Summertime treat.

We ate one of my favourite things to cook (because it's easy and tastes good. I'm not sure I can really call it cooking, as most of the ingredients come from a jar).

Cook a big pot of spaghetti.
Drain, and stir through diced, cooked bacon, basil pesto (I used it from the jar - lazy I know), a tin of drained smoked oysters, some chopped semi-sundried tomatoes and some marinated artichoke hearts.
Eat it with a salad to get your vege hit.

Here's to many more Summertime dinners.

(And yes, I have noticed my exceptionally dated cutlery. It was a wedding present but, even so, it must be time for an upgrade. Oh federation green....you should have stayed in the nineties.)
x

0 comments:

Post a Comment