Sunday, September 27, 2009

Delicious Pastries





I am always in favour of quick baking, particularly if the end result is chocolatey-good. This recipe (I think) came from a recent Vogue Entertaining and Travel. I have a bad habit of ripping recipes out of magazines and forgetting where they have come from. If anyone can confirm/set-me-straight on the source I'd very much appreciate it.
But...I digress. I used frozen butter puff pastry for this. Once the pastry has thawed, use a biscuit cutter to cut out circles (the original recipe suggests making them larger by tracing around a saucer). Lay your circles of pastry on a lined tray and place a few squares of chocolate in the centre. Add a top circle of pastry (the same size as the bottom), and pinch the sides together with your fingers. Brush with a little beaten egg, and bake at for about twenty minutes, or until the pastry is golden and puffed. I suggest using the instructions on the pastry pack as a guide for the oven temperature.
These are great eaten straight from the oven, dusted with icing sugar, with a blob of cream on the side. Just watch out for the hot chocolate.

1 comments:

whitney kristine. said...

There are some very beautiful pictures on there.{:

And I just wanted to say thank you. Thank you for being one of those people who inspire others not to let love go..
I appreciate it fulllly.

-Whitney<3

Post a Comment