Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Mid-week baking


Every-so-often I lapse into 1950's wife mode, and feel a hefty dose of mother-guilt if my children don't have something home-cooked in their lunchbox. I have a feeling that this matters much more to me than to my children, however, it compels me to don apron and reach for the mixing bowl. During the week I don't have the time to make a leisurely afternoon of it, so I need a recipe that is easy and requires no thought. This apple bread does the trick.
Pour a small tin of pie apple into a bowl (I know I should be suggesting that you lovingly pick, peel and stew your apples, but let's be realistic - it's Wednesday). Next, add two eggs and mix with a fork. Add three quarters of a cup of brown sugar, and then stir through two cups of self-raising flour. Pour this mixture into a lined loaf tin, and bake in a moderate oven for about forty five minutes. Voila...apple bread with a small helping of virtue on the side.

1 comments:

Kellie Collis said...

I love bread! Shame i cannot eat it anymore! x

Post a Comment