Sunday, September 13, 2009

In honour of one of my favourite authors...

Today is Roald Dahl Day. In honour of one of my favourite children's book authors I felt compelled to make something chocolatey with a 'Wonka-esque' twist. I have been holding onto this recipe for quite some time - a torn out page from an old Vogue Entertaining + Travel
Begin by melting 300g of white chocolate. Once melted, stir in one teaspoon of salt flakes, two teaspoons of chopped dried rosemary and one tablespoon of dried rose petals (I picked these up from my local market, but VE+T suggests trying Middle Eastern food stores). Once mixed together, pour onto a lined tray, and spread out to about three millimetres thick. Put it into the fridge for about an hour to set, and then break it as haphazardly-as-you-like into shards. The taste is quite remarkable, and I am in love with the beautiful colours. Happy Roald Dahl Day.

2 comments:

Kellie Collis said...

That looks delicious!

Spicy Jam said...

It is Kellie - I've been eating it all day!

Post a Comment