Sunday, October 25, 2009

100 steps... and the first of the Springtime Face Lift


Every weekend begins for us at our local patisserie. It is a ritual that has become part of the fabric of our life. Our patisserie is simple in its magnificence. No pretension, no fuss, just pastries that speak for themselves. Yesterday, when I walked there to buy this Frangipani Tart for afternoon tea, I happily discovered it is 100 steps from my front porch to the local patisserie. (And no, I am not suffering from a compulsion to count my steps, I was just curious...truly)


The Springtime Face Lift has begun. Now I know that it is almost cheating to start with the dining table, but I'm easing myself into it (i.e. being lazy).

Lemons via my sister's tree (they make fantastic lemonade).

My own candlesticks (via Freedom a few years ago)

Vase via Trilogy, one of my favourite places. It was a housewarming gift that has been tucked away in a cupboard for a while.

Funny how old things can seem new again simply by dusting them off and using them in a different way.

x
pics my own, but find Freedom here and Trilogy here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment