Thursday, October 1, 2009

Loving Eames


Somewhere near the very top of my wish list is an Eames LCW. I like to think that the LCW is to interior decor what the LBD is to fashion - a must have (a must have which I currently don't have).

Perhaps a little less easy to source, I would also love to get my hands (or should that be legs) on at least one of the plywood leg braces made for the military by Charles and Ray Eames prior to their role as iconic furniture designers. These leg braces are now highly sought after works of art. I'd love to hang a couple of these on my wall - what a great ( if slightly macabre) conversation starter that would be.

If you haven't already seen Brabourne Farm's recent post about other wonderful and unusual items to hang on the wall, take a look - some super ideas and gorgeous pics.
While I'm waiting (not-so-patiently) for my Eames chair, I have a DIY project to keep me busy. I recently came across the drawings of the LCW lodged with the United States Patent and Trademark Office, along with the patent number and the date on which it was filed (March 1st 1947). I will be spending a few happy hours finding a frame and mounting the sketches of the LCW. I know exactly where I'm going to hang it. I'll let you know when it's done.



1 comments:

Kellie Collis said...

Me too! Me too!!!!

Post a Comment