Saturday, October 24, 2009

A Face Lift (no botox required)





I can't believe it's taken me this long to find Hooked on Houses. It was one of those happy accidents - from one blog to the next and then...voila. If you haven't already been there (and you probably have - I'm possibly the last person to discover it), it's written by Julia, who clearly loves all things home.
Julia's most recent post talks about decorating her home for the change of season. She has some really simple suggestions and lovely pics of her latest Autumnal additions.
Julia...you have inspired me. I feel a project coming on (insert eye-rolls and groans from my family here). I'm wondering if it's possible to give my home a Springtime face lift, southern hemisphere style. And the challenge, with sustainability and my budget in mind, will be to give this little house a lift using what I already have, or what I can pick-up second hand. Now I haven't really got a plan, and there are certain constraints with the colour scheme (for example I don't think the obvious Springtime pink-and-green combination will work with my red and white striped wing-back chair), but I'm prepared to give it a go. Some inspiration above and below...


via here



via here



via here



via here



via here


0 comments:

Post a Comment