Friday, October 30, 2009

For the love of Jane...



Is it wrong to love a place so much based on its connection to one of my favourite authors? Although my family is English, I have absolutely no connection to Bath, yet it is one of my all-time favourite places. Perhaps it was inspired by my love of Jane Austen.



I discovered Jane at a young age, and risked social suicide as a teenager by carrying not just a small paperback novel in my schoolbag, but the whole hardback collected works. (Oh dear!)



On a visit to Bath I ditched my husband and children, and spent two happy hours at the Jane Austen Centre (again...oh dear!)



Jane has been with me for over half my life. Sadly, I have neglected her recently. Real life has got in the way of parties with the militia, walks in the countryside and visits to Bath.



I think this weekend it is time to dust off my collected works and catch up with old friends.
x

pics via me
Find the Jane Austen Centre here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment