Friday, October 16, 2009

To mix or not to mix?




I am a fence-sitter when it comes to dining chairs. Should they match, or should they be mixed? I love these two pictures above, of tables with mismatched chairs. I imagine each chair has its own story to tell, and if sourced from second hand stores and flea markets, they are easy on the planet.


pic 1,2,3 via here
These chairs are mixed, but are so closely related, either by design or materials, that they may as well match. When I say I'm a fence-sitter, it's because in my home 6 of my 8 chairs match, with the ones at either end of the table being different (but matching each other). None of them match the table. Confused? 
I'd love to be brave enough to go for the first look.
What do you think? Where do you stand (or sit) on chairs?



via here

0 comments:

Post a Comment