Monday, October 5, 2009

Indulge me...my top ten favourite looks

I was thinking recently how my decorating style has changed over the years (or perhaps I should say evolved). My first home, a tiny cottage, was decked out with baltic pine furniture with federation green and white accessories. (I'm not sure if federation green is a uniquely Aussie term - for those of you OS, think very dark green). I'm cringing at the thought of this combination, although in my defence, it was the mid nineties.
So, I'm compiling my current list of favourite home decor looks, and I'm planning on looking back at this in a year's time. This time next year I will update/review my list (hopefully I won't gasp in horror at my 2009 taste). So here goes, in no particular order, here are my favourites...

via here
Pictures and more pictures - what a great way to record your best moments. Pictures really make a home.


via here
This image is from the very clever Shannon Fricke's blog. I love the ceiling light, the gorgeous white walls, the window frame and the varied textures.


via here
I love having things in the home that have their own story to tell.


via here
Is it just a passing fad? Will we all be madly painting over the chalkboard paint this time next year? I don't care, I love this look - it's fluid, it has texture, it tells the family's story and, for those of us with too many things to remember, it's a great place to keep a list.


via here
 I've included this pic partly for the bay window. I am a sucker for beautiful, white-framed bay windows. I also love the eclectic combination of old and new, classic and modern.


via here
Love the Florence Broadhurst wallpaper and the sumptuous chair.


via here
The ceiling is so high it gives a real sense of space to this bathroom. I'd like to start each day with a bubble bath in here.


via here
So many interesting things in this room - lots of stories and gorgeous artwork. I particularly love the desk.


via here
I love everything about this room - the colour, the clever use of space and especially the giraffe on the wall.


via here
Using books to decorate is pure genius. Wouldn't you love to spend a weekend loitering on this staircase?

By now you have either fallen asleep, or are all a-buzz thinking about your own favourite home decor looks. I'd love to hear about your own favourites. Drop me a line via the comment box, or email me a photo.



3 comments:

Kellie Collis said...

I too love clustered art !

Susan said...

My next house will have a claw foot tub instead of the expected whirlpool/tub deck. High ceiling and a chandelier are also a must!

Brabourne Farm said...

Love the books on the stairs - now all I need is a fabulous staircase! Leigh

Post a Comment